Friday, September 08, 2006

She's Gone


My little girl started preschool this week and it was quite bittersweet. The morning went great; she woke up excited, got ready for school, ate breakfast and then put her Dora backpack on and that was it for me. She was so cute, and so big all of the sudden. I wish Daddy could have been there to see her, such the little preschooler this kid is. Well, the first day didn't go quite as I had envisioned for her. She was exhausted because she is used to being able to wake up whenever she wants, and her class is full of boys, and we all know how boys are. But, day two was much better and now she is "Miss. Lisa's official helper." Each day she has things to show me in her backpack and she's memorizing verses and all, and she really seems to be enjoying it, which is a relief for me. I on the other hand am loving the couple of hours with one less kid. Landon goes down for a nap as soon as we get home, wakes up at 11:15am for lunch and then we pick up sissy. It's just enough time to get the house clean and clothes done. My laundry room hasn't had clothes on the floor all week! Those of you who know me well, know that is big for me :). She only goes 3 days a week which is perfect for us, it gives her the break from routine that she so desires...okay the break from routine that I so desire. I will say that if school was any longer I would start to look around the house for my Sugie; so I am so happy this is all working out.


1 comment:

Angela said...

It is sad, but good! Love the pictures!