Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mercy Me/Audio Adrenaline Concert

We had such a great time at the concert Sunday night. Great tickets! I started screaming as the lead singer from AA got off stage and started walking chair by chair through the crowd straight for us! I'm such a kid :) I was screaming, "wheres my camera? Ahahahah!" Sometimes I get tired of always clicking so I try my very best to not bring the ol camera every where I go, and in turn always regret it. I regreted it when I took Alli to get her hair cut and she fell asleep, and I regreted it Sunday night as well. But Kristy is out there with digital files of our night so send 'em girl! I mustn't have a blog without a picture. I love worshiping with a group of believers, I forget what song it was that we were all singing but my thought was, "How could you not believe that Christ is our Savior, and the one true God?" I haven't been to other countries to see how they worship their gods but I seriously doubt it comes close to the power and emotion that was in the arena where we were. On a funny note, Ken and I hadn't been to a concert in a while (well, we did see Aaron Shust but we were in a candlelit church for that one), and instead of lighters being lit, everyone holds up their cell phone lights and sway side to side, of course I would never do that...even if I did own a cell phone. :) However when Bart Milard told everyone to hold the phones up during a song, we looked around and it did look really cool, if that means anything. When AA first came on stage one of their songs just about required jumping up and down, so off went the hills and up and down went Ken and Shell. Fun! "I get down and he lifts me up..." I wish Alli was there for that one, but Ken and I proceeded without her and Kens up and down motions for that song were quite impressive, lots of talent my better half has, as for me my up and down looked similar to disco dancing, I hope no one around noticed that I began to point after a bit. :)

5 comments:

Laura said...

The concert was fun!! Michael & I had a blast. It was also fun seeing you guys, even though you had no idea who we were! Michael did a bit of dancing where we were, and he held up his cell when it was announced to do so. I thought it looked really cool around the arena. Probably alot safer than lighters!! I'm glad you guys had such a great time also.

Angela said...

Michelle, this is the time...just be like the rest of us and get a cell phone so you, too, can be cool.

Michelle said...

Yeah, Ken said today, "I'm really getting to the point where I need a cellphone.", in return I said, "you're in front of the phone all day long why do you need one?", so the solution, maybe one day we will get ONE phone, and I can have it during his work hours and he can have it on his days off and at night...no, you know what this is just silly, honestly, I can maybe count on one hand how many times we have said, "it wouldn't have been a problem if we had a cell phone.", and thats not because I can't count as high as five, its because it doesn't happen very often.

Laura said...

I really don't understand - how do you NOT need a cell phone?? I guess I am so used to it that it's like a lifeline to me now!

Michelle said...

Okay heres how we do it...we both have Onstar in our vehicles, so if there were an emergency on the road or even off of the road and we could get to one of our trucks we use the phone in there. Now if there was an emergency outside of our vehicle or we are inside somewhere and can not get to the truck, then I guarantee the person next to us has a phone we can use, and I don't know ladies you all might remember the term "land-line", I know, its hard to believe but people are out there still using them. :) If there happens to be no one next to me at the time of our crisis, then I trust that
God will see us through whatever it is. On another note, getting my kids and myself place to place in a hurry or under stress is enough, just add a non-stop ringing phone to it. If I am in a car with my family or friends, there is not a time when they are not on their cell phone, its as if no one can leave home without it. One less distraction on the road. So with this said, I challenge you all to write me back on a couple of things (if time provides...): #1 The emergency that you had where a cell phone saved your life or was a better device then Gods plans for what was to happen next., and #2 How much are your cell phone bills each month, or better yet what has been your highest bill? <--now remember that is one or I should say two (probably 2 phones in each houselhold) bills we don't see every month. I will say this, (I hope no one thinks I'm mad at comments, I'm just responding here :) ) just because I don't have a cell phone that won't stop me from using yours! HA! :0)