Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A New Man in My Life

We have less than 60 days until our new little guy makes his way into this world! We are getting quite excited about him. The name is set in stone not to mention already monogrammed on items :)

Anderson Brady Jenkins

I found out I was pregnant with him on an August afternoon out with Angela Mills. Wow, the news was shocking to say the least! I mean we had done this two times before we knew it could happen again, we just didn't plan on it. This precious little baby was in THE plans though way before our knowledge of his life.

After pulling myself together (it did take awhile) it was time to come up with a way to let Ken know about it.
Off to Starbucks where he was having a meeting at the time. I took a Starbucks cup and placed a label on the back that would be similar to the quotes that are already printed on them. This one was about the birth of a baby and revised just a bit to suit us. I went through the drive through had them fill it with coffee and call for "Ken" to let him know his drink was ready. Did he order this drink? No, but that thought never crossed his mind, he thought free coffee. I pulled around and parked so that I could make it inside in time to witness him getting the "big news". He had the cup for several minutes without noticing and the guy with him saw that I had walked in and told him to read his cup. His reaction was the same as mine when I found out. I tapped on his shoulder and told him to turn around and smile because everyone was watching. So he did and we kissed and all of the Starbucks employees started clapping.



It was a crazy moment to find out that our lives were about to be changed big time, but I couldn't think of anything better than our new baby joining our family now. On the way to Starbucks an Aaron Shust song came on the radio and it was so applicable to what was going on right then and there so of course I just broke down...it was only the beginning of my pregnancy induced emotions.

GIVE ME WORDS TO SPEAK

Calloused and bruised/ dazed and confused
My Spirit is left wanting something more
Than my selfish hopes/ and my selfish dreams
I’m lying with my face down to the floor
I’m crying out for more
Give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep
Cause I can’t think of anything worth saying
But I know that I owe You my life
So give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep
Every night, every day/ I find that I have nothing I can say
So I stand here in silence awaiting Your guidance
I’m wanting only Your voice to be heard
Let them be Your Words
I just don’t understand this life that I’ve been living
I just don’t understand
I just don’t understand these lies I’ve been believing
I just don’t understand


The thing is, is we were ready to move on with our lives, the kids were getting older and easier to manage. I wanted to move forward with my business and so Ken and I had just discussed being done with making more babies, and then this pregnancy came about. So when this song came on it took me back a bit and made me realize what was really important. We couldn't be happier and I can't imagine not having this third little baby of ours!

The ultrasound isn't very recent this one was taken at the beginning of November 2007.


7 comments:

Candy said...

I loved reading this! Even though I have heard this story once before a LONG time after it first took place!! You sure had me fooled. :) Your boys are going to be such great buddies. I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Candy said...

I forgot to say-their room looks great!! Ella still sleeps in her baby bed. She hasn't tried to climb out yet. Did Landon climb out?

Angela said...

Two little boys, Michelle...you are going to love it! I'm so thankful I talked you into getting that pregnancy test or you might still be in denial to this day..."No, I'm not pregnant, I just have a tumor!!!" I can't wait until Baby Anderson is here! Fun times are ahead!

Life as Connor and Colby's Mom said...

I can't believe Anderson and Colby will only be a month apart. I see a lot of dogwood trees being cut down in our future. lol

Laura said...

Michelle, that was beautiful. I've heard the story before about how you found out you were pregnant & how you told Ken, but this post was just so honest and beautiful. I hate to sound like a dork, but it was really sweet and almost made me cry! I'm so glad you guys were blessed with a 3rd child.

Anonymous said...

Daughter,
I havent had a lot of time to respond to your blog lately. With work and the empending move, I have only had time to selfishly enjoy looking and reading then moving on to business at hand. I must say, I for one am filled with joy at the prospect of seeing my grandchildren and beeing involved deeply in thier lives again. I feeled mor than blessed at the invitation to be with you and Ken when Anderson comes heading out into the world (get it? heading out? hahaha, now all of you will know where Shell gets her weird sence of humor, haha). Your house looks beatiful and so very clean and inviting. You did good honey, although I do wonder if its my fault you have OCD. Kidding aside, you are a wonderful mom, daughter and wife and I cant wait to come home to Louisiana. And I'm sure you will be relieved that I wont keep you on the phone for 2 and 3 hours at a time just to feel like you are with me. Now we can go to lunch and coffee and shop till we fall out together. I'm so excited! see you Thursday.
Love you girl,
Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

Ok, looks like I need to wear my glasses when I blog. Scuze the typeos. ;0