Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I hate to do this to my husband...

BUT, this needs to be announced. Something just like this has already happened during my little boys life, and today I came home to it again.

Before I left to run errands I told him that when Landon wakes up to go ahead and feed a can of Chicken and Stars (soup) oh yeah, this is a little tid bit too..CONDENSED SOUP!

So I get back home and my boys are outside and he begins to tell me that Landon ate some charcoal out of the fire place and then threw up. (He called poison control..good daddy, even though its the same stuff given to patients that OD but that's a different blog :} ) So, I then said, "did you feed him?" <--I was out in the garage working on the garage sale stuff and the door was open so we were kinda talking to each other in different rooms. His reply "He wouldn't eat that stuff you wanted him to." Me: "He wouldn't? He loves that stuff, eats it all every time I make it for him."

So then I said, "you didn't feed him did you?" Ken: "Yes, I did" Me: "I'm coming in and looking" (he always leaves food on his highchair when he feeds him) So I go inside and look on the highchair and say, "Crackers? Wheres the soup?" Ken: "What soup?" Me: "Uh, the soup that I told you to feed him...Chicken and Stars..." Ken: "Ooohhh, I thought you told me to feed him Chicken in a Biscuit crackers. Me: "Oh my gosh! Ken, seriously, I can't believe you did this again!" So Ken, gets up and makes the soup, and feeds it to him practically straight out of the can because he never added water to it, not only that but you guys this is soup and the man just spooned some out and put it on his high chair tray. You could imagine once again how I reacted. I basically told him that I couldn't be married to him anymore. (smiling of course)

So I went back outside and then opened the door and said, "That's why he was eating the charcoal!"

Just another inside look of Life Jenkins Style, hope this made you appreciate the help around your house :)

7 comments:

Candy said...

Hmmm..so, it's not just my husband who doesn't listen. That's nice to know...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela said...

Bless his heart...

Anonymous said...

For the record, soup tastes better without putting water in it, it wouldn't be the first time we didn't ahve food and had to feed the baby crackers for dinner, and I aslo knew that they use charcoal for people who overdose but I wanted to be sure that it was ok.

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Ken.
What the heck were you thinking,bless your heart.

Love you Ken:)

Shell you could right a book!
Title it: Bless my husbands heart.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

lol Ya'll crack me up--ya know that discussion about waiting a year after i'm married to have kids...yeah well it just went up 5 more :) j/j

Laura said...

That is funny! I think it's always good for us mom's to hear other funny daddy stories, you know, so we don't beat ours up so bad :) Hey, we all know you're a good daddy, Ken!