Saturday, January 06, 2007

Landon's First Birthday


My precious boy is one today! He woke up early about 5:30 am to say Good Morning just long enough before drifting off again for me to tell him "Happy Birthday", I sang it softly to him in bed this morning as he just grinned at me letting me rock him. So sweet this one is! You can't help but love on him with his big cheesey smile, squinted eyes, and scrunched nose. He's practically edible.

He is my most favorite little man in all the world, and I am so thankful to have been blessed with his very being. I love having a playmate for Alli, and another personality to discover. Oh how this year flew by, I feel as though I didn't take enough time to capture each little new moment of his first year. Of course with Alli the video camera was out all of the time, and with Landon, I haven't even video taped his first steps.

I had a great time with him at Norton this afternoon; Angela took Alli to a birthday party and I was able to get his first birthday pictures taken just him and I and it was so quiet there, just us, being mama and boy, I loved it!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sweet and heartfelt! I love that picture. Such a cutie!

Chrissy said...

Michelle,
I share all the same feelings about this past year. I can't believe our babies are already one. It's funny what you said about the video camera. Just this morning I told Drew that we have so much video of AJ's firsts, but we didn't even take it out for Nathan's first steps. The special moments of this year just flew by. When I lay Nathan down, I try to take time to rock him and let him touch my face with his chubby little fingers. It is one of the most amazing feelings in the world to really soak up the moment with my baby. thanks for sharing your little one with us. from one gooshy mama's heart to another.
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Wow, Landon looks like such a big boy in that picture! How handsome he is. It's been almost a year since I was calling you saying I couldn't bring you supper because I had to go to the hospital and you were sooooo nice to offer to watch Ethan even though Landon was so tiny. I'll never forget that! I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is already one. We tried calling yesterday to wish him a Happy Birthday but I guess you were out spending mama/Landon time. He looks like such a big boy. Just think soon Connor and Landon will be getting in so much trouble together. Go ahead and plant that dogwood tree so they can mow it down. We will do the same here.LOL

Laura said...

That is a beautiful picture of him and a very sweet story. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. YES I am definately going to the scrapbook retreat (as long as Michael doesn't have to work).

Anonymous said...

When did my little boy turn into a little man? How does this happen so fast even though you know it is going to, you still are not prepared for how fast it really goes.

Anonymous said...

That is the most grown up I have seen Landon look! It is so amazing how they seem to really look diffrent on that first birthday. Like they went to sleep your baby and woke up little men. Enjoy every minute I am certainly trying to!!