Saturday, August 02, 2008

ROCK ON!


Alli had her first drum lesson this past Thursday night with Luke, and she was soooo excited...every five minutes she kept asking about where he was and telling me he was late, even though it was still two hours until he was suppose to be there. Oh my crazy girl! I might preface this with the fact that she has had a crush on him since she was about 2 and a half...and now that Luke has graduated high school he is in the college class that Ken and I teach on Sundays, so we see quite a lot of Luke and Alli gets oh so giddy evey time we get to hang out with him.

This was the same day as our lemonaid stand so she was a bit sweaty and I asked her if she wanted me to brush her hair out before Luke came over and her response was:
"Mom, are you tying to get him to have a crush on me, because that can't happen we are two weeks apart!"
Sad thing is, is they are 13 years apart and it will never happen, but it is so cute to watch, I feel bad for Luke though because she follows him around like a puppy dog. She finds strength and fearlessness when he is around as well, I'm telling you, it is the funniest thing to watch. I once stayed up for hours and hours looking up interesting facts about classic rock and roll to impress a guy, you know AC DC, Journey, Led Zepplin...I was 18 and he was 26, I at least had a chance :)


The lessons went great, I think, I tried to stay away as much as I could, she seemed to get this goofy smile when I came out, like I might be interrupting them or something so I kept my distance. What a cool thing to get to do at such an early age!


Before he left I asked him if I could get a pic of the two of them, to which Alli ran away from the drum set saying, "Don't let her do it Luke, don't let her!" He talked her into it, check out her smirk, she will be asking for this photo after I develop it:)

13 comments:

Angela said...

I was wondering how this went. I'm glad it worked out well. Very cute pics!

Candy said...

oh, how fun! These will be great pics to scrapbook!!! :)

Anonymous said...

She looks like a straight up ROCKSTAR! How fun!!--Court

Jen said...

How cute!

Anonymous said...

Future Rockstar!! :P

Autumn said...

This is to funny! I can just see you sticking your head out taking pics. Geez mom how embarrassing!!

Ken Jenkins said...

I don't know if you heard it, but that girl was keeping a beat. She will be good at it if we make her practice. That would be so cool to have a 5 year old drummer.

Martha said...

She's so cute with that crush on Luke!hehe I bet she did awesome! That was a great idea to take a picture of both of them at the end...she'll probably frame it in her room!:)

Amanda said...

oh my goodness this is way cute. i miss sweet little kids like yours. there isn't a single kid at camp like your kids-you have angels :) can't wait to get back and tell you all my fun stories!

mdbarajaz said...

Hey Michelle-
I am reading some blogs for the first time in a LOOONG time and I just wanted to say how cute yours is- I love looking at all the pictures- you do a really great job!

Life as Connor and Colby's Mom said...

We could start a family band maybe!!! She is so cute playing the drums!!! I love her face on the last pic.

Candy said...

Just checking in for umm...maybe a giveaway or something?! :) :) :)

Laura said...

Wow, that is really cool!!! Is that at your house? It looks awesome.

Alli is so funny with her crush! The things that come out of her mouth just crack me up. I think that last picture was a great idea, and I think Martha's idea of her framing it in her room was a pretty cool idea, too :)