Thursday, March 29, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Bugs! Oh My!

Yes, the title may be corny but if you know me well enough then you know that bugs aren't my thing. I cried in front of my in-laws once because Ken had put on old locust shell on my shoulder...yeah, its that bad. So bad that I would risk destroying one of my lenses to get away from a hairy caterpillar. It's a sad world I live in...



Look closely on my baby's little toe on his left foot, there it is! The hairy caterpillar! Oh, my gosh, you all know I was freaking out, not because it was on his foot I didn't even realize that until after I put these on the computer, but shortly after this picture was taken, Landon noticed it and picked it up, I thought it was a twig at first then I walked a bit closer and screamed! "Landon, put that yucky bug down! Drop it, drop it!" <-- you can imagine how this went. :) Landon was just laughing and laughing, he thought that little bug was cute, he just so happened to be wearing a bug outfit, go figure! Anyway, this momma wasn't about to touch that bug, so I extended my zoom lens and smacked it out of Landon's hand, pulled my baby off of that stump by his armpit, and ran into the car. Someone in Forest Hills has it on video, they could win on AFV if they sent it in. So, there it is, me and my stupidity, I hope it was worth reading :)









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is sooo precious! Don't you raise him to be a sissy boy who's afriad of bugs!

Laura said...

Funny story - I'm not so fond of bugs myself. Those pictures are really cute. Clever to put him on a tree stump like that!

Angela said...

I am not crazy about bugs either and since reading this post the other day I found a hairy caterpillar in my HOUSE...yes, I don't know how it got in but it was in. Then, that same day we were outside and Hayden was holding another hairy caterpillar in his HAND. Yuck!

Regina said...

I'm not scared of bugs, but the other day Cameron got ahold of a grasshopper (that was obviously hurt because it didn't hop away) and I thought at first it was a cool learning experience for him. That is, until he started pulling it apart. Ok, now that's probalby still a learning experience, but just gross so I knocked it away. It's just funny that kids that little don't really care about grossness!

Candy said...

Yes, Michelle your sweet little boy will probably like bugs! Ethan has been waiting for there to be bugs outside for quite awhile. Ella picked up some sort of beetle today outside! Yuck! I'm okay with Ethan liking bugs, but surely Ella should be scared of them, right?

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Lacy said!

Love, Mama